Monday, April 9, 2007

Medication

I also wanted to mention about my medication. As of last Tuesday, April 3rd, I took my last dose of generic Zoloft. It is my belief that some of my weight gain was due to the medication I was taking. I think that after three or four months on the medication, I got what I needed and we’ll see how my well-being is without it. It was never meant to be a long term solution, just an encouragement and way to temporarily deal with my social anxiety. I think that I did gain some confidence, enough to see how I’ll do without it. With the combination of exercise and therapy, I think I can continue on this path of self-learning and growth. It’s really neat to reflect on how far I’ve come in the past year and it makes me thankful for all of my experiences: starting therapy, new and forced responsibilities at work, and diving deeper into life. I highly recommend it for everyone!

1 comment:

mdog said...

that all sounds awesome, joy! i know i haven't been keeping up that well, but it sounds like this year has been a good one for you. i seriously need to come visit miami soon. :)